What we can do
What can a PGG do?
- Discuss constructive suggestions for improving the practice and share concerns that could affect the wider practice population
- Organise health-focused events with the practice, i.e. healthy eating awareness as an information event for all practice patients to attend
- Create a patient survey with practice staff, to get feedback about the practice from the rest of the patient population
- Assist the practice in making sure their website is ‘Patient Friendly’
- Invite health and voluntary professionals to PPG meetings, for PPG members to remain informed and updated about local opportunities for patients. Our chairperson is a full member of the National Association of Patient Participation (NAPP).
What can a PPG not do?
- PPG members cannot provide any medical advice to other patients,
- PPG members cannot deal with personal/medical issues
- PPG members cannot get involved in individual patient complaints. These should be dealt with following the practice’s already established procedures.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.